2013/04/30

Land of the Rising Sun (week 2: Mount Fuji)



2013/04/13
We visited some of the areas adjacent to Mount Fuji for the view. This occasion also marked the first time that I made extensive use of the infrared filter. Fortunately, the weather was willing to cooperate since the rest of the week was punctuated by rain showers.

Although pleasing to the eye, I feel that these images lack more recognizable Japanese elements; perhaps a giant robot soaring through the blue sky, a radioactive lizard frolicking on the mountain slope, or a samurai warrior performing ritual suicide somewhere in the foreground. Unfortunately, none of these were present at the time, and I had to make do with cherry blossoms, Mount Fuji, and several ninja.


Chureito Pagoda


































en route:
stamps for the tickets of the Kawaguchiko Sightseeing Retro Bus



Saiko Iyashi no Sato Nenba














en route: 
view from one of the surrounding lakes




Ubuyagasaki Peninsula























I've got to admit that looking at these kids made me feel envious. They're still in the spring of their youth while people of my age are already experiencing the heat of summer.

*insert the obligatory mono no aware sigh*





Random Observation #2:
Another detail I've noticed is that a number of adult women (mostly in sales) insist on making their voices sound like that of a 7-year-old girl. I suppose that the objective here is to make themselves seem more appealing or welcoming, but I do wonder if there are deeper cultural (or perhaps even biological) factors which contribute to this phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment