2018/11/17

Canon Photomarathon 2018





Canon's annual Photomarathon event continues to show signs of tightening the belt, but I suppose that's fine if the cost-saving measures mean more of the proceeds going to the non-profit organization Operation Smile Philippines.

Incidentally, I think this year's winning shots (grand champion and runner-ups) are more interesting than last year', though still not at the level of the winning entries from 2014 and earlier.


First Theme entry



My submission was chosen as the 3rd runner up for the first theme.
I take pride in this shot because it's the product of deliberate intent with no luck involved: in addition to my photographic gear, I had to bring a separate bag for props to play with.

The format of the Photomarathon tends to favor street photography, so I'm glad I was able to contribute something a bit different with toy photography and *gasp* a selfie.
 Incidentally, this entry was basically recycled a throwaway shot (below) which I happened to take an hour before they announced the first theme.







Second Theme entry



And here's my submission for the second theme.

I actually thought that this'd have a higher chance of being picked (despite the cliche), but I do admit that the composition's rather weak even if the subject's appropriate for the theme.













Arrived with 7.75kg of gear and props.
Bought an 8.1kg monitor (discounted).
Received an 8.3kg printer.

I welcome the idea of pushing one's own limits for photography, but random weightlifting sessions wasn't what I had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment