2012/02/19

Not suffering from withdrawal, I think

It's been a week since I sent the 600D for service and repair, and I was initially told that I could pick it up in two weeks. I've read the horror stories on the net about delays of up to 2 or 3 months, so I'd rather not keep my hopes up to deaden the disappointment and frustration.

For now, I'm making do with my IXUS 105; a significantly more basic camera which isn't even supported by CHDK for unofficial firmware enhancements. The thing would have earned more of my respect if it had allowed manual focus, but, alas.

testStill, it's better than nothing, and it did allow me to capture an unusual occurence in the night sky.

test
Spotting two planes in the sky is rare enough in this area, but seeing 5 - 6 of them in one corner of the sky is certainly rare. It's probably a training exercise of sorts by the local air force, but I'm surprised that they'd even bother.

test

test

No comments:

Post a Comment