2026/10/04

[2026-10-03] Cosplay Mania 2026 (day 2)

Based on what an event marshal told me, it's now forbidden to take pictures inside the event halls using anything other than a smartphone, and the only exceptions to this are people wearing IDs (i.e. media photographers for the event and exhibitor photographers who paid for their shooting spots).

I stopped taking pictures after that and just spent my time chatting with other photographers who apparently have not yet heard about this new rule. They asked if this might have been just somebody power-tripping, but the event marshal was clarifying the rules with somebody else via radio(?), and I'm more inclined to believe his statement that it was a decision by the event organizers of Cosplay Mania.

Their event, their rules; and there are countless other cosplay events out there that I could attend instead, but I still find the decision unfortunate since hobbyists are getting the short end of the stick. It would also be nice if new rules are properly announced online prior to the event instead of letting people know only when they're already there.



equipment notes:
2 lights, Godox AD100 Pro, Godox iT30 Pro (on-camera fill flash), Large Rogue Flashbender, Flashpoint Auto Stand, Canon PowerShot V1

No comments:

Post a Comment